Minimize Your Risk For The Flu!
Due to the seriousness and the increase in flu activity this season, Health Promotion for Faculty and Staff would like to remind everyone to please take the proper precautions to protect yourself and others.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water often. Use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your face!
- Cover your coughs and sneezes!
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces or objects!
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- Stay home if you are experiencing flu like symptoms, (headache, fatigue, fever, chills, sore throat, congestion, runny nose, body and muscle aches.)
- Getting proper sleep, adequate nutrition, and regular exercise can all help keep your immune system strong
If you have not gotten a flu vaccine yet this season, it’s not too late!
There are several places you can still get a flu vaccine, including most local pharmacies, your primary care provider or Appalachian Regional District Health Department.
For more information about the flu, treatment and flu vaccine you can visit the following websites:
Everyday Health: https://www.everydayhealth.com/news/flu-self-treat-see-doctor-go-er/