Date: Saturday, July 5, 2014 - 8:00am
Location: Fire Department, Station 2, 1075 State Farm Road - Boone, NC 28607
Online (note $3 surcharge)
For the online submission form, please remember to fill out your age, emergency contact information, t-shirt size and sign the waiver.
Mail In Your Form
Participants may register by completing the Stop! Drop! & Roll! 5K Registration Form and sending it, with payment, by Wednesday, July 2, to:
Make all checks payable to WCFFA.
Drop Off Your Form
Participants may register by dropping off their registration forms, with payment, at Health Promotion for Faculty and Staff - 12 Varsity Gym on, or before, Wednesday, July 2, 12 noon.
Race Day Schedule
- 7 – 7:45 am: Registration
- 7:45 – 8 am: Announcements/Group Photo
- 8 am: 5K Starts
- 9 am: Door Prize Drawings/Announcing of Winners
- 9:30 am: Closing Announcements
- Non-refundable entries. All entry fees are non-refundable and entries are non-transferable.
- Packet Pick Up (Day of Event Packet Pick Up/Registration)
- Saturday, July 5
- 7 – 7:45 a.m.
- Fire Department, Station 2, 1057 State Farm Road - Boone, NC 28607)
- Registration fees:
- Early registration (on or before Wednesday, July 2): $20
- Late registration (after Wednesday, July 2): $25
- Registration form: Each participant must fully complete (name, address, email, emergency contact, T-shirt size, age and status) a registration form and sign the attached waiver. The parent or guardian must complete the registration form for each participant under the age of 18.
- By Mail or In- Person : 2014 WCFA 5K Brochure.docx
- Online: http://www.active.com/running/boone-nc/stop-drop-roll-5k-2014
- T-shirt: T-shirts are: (a) 100% cotton, (b) short sleeved, (c) on a first come, first served basis, (d) sizes are not guaranteed.
- Parking will be available behind the fire department (intersection of State Farm Road and Hunting Hills Lane) and at Mayor Clawson-Burnley Park (across from National Guard Armory – Hunting Hills Lane).
- Race Numbers: Numbers MUST be visible at all times in order for event staff to recognize you as a participant. You must have your race number on the front side of your body while running through the finish line.
- Strollers, Headphones and Pets: Participants are allowed to run/walk with their strollers; however, these participants are asked to start at the back of line, at the start of the event. Participants may run with their headphones; however, it is encouraged that participants wear only one ear plug, as to be able to hear volunteers along the course as instructions are delivered. Participants may run/walk with their dogs; however, your pet must wear a leash at all times (before, during and after race).
- Refreshments: Refreshments will be provided after the event for all participants.
- Photographs: By signing the waiver on the registration form, you agree to have your photograph taken throughout the event. These photos will only be used for promotional purposes.
- Course: Participants are asked to run/walk on the designated route. Volunteers will be on the course to direct you along the course, but it is your responsibility to complete the course.
- Water station (course): A water station will be set up approximately midway of the course.
- Timing: The Stop! Drop! & Roll 5K is hand timed. All results will be posted to the Stop! Drop! & Roll! 5K website by Tuesday, July 8.
- Each participant is eligible to win a door prize from a local business. Door prize drawings begin at 9 a.m. All winners must be present.
Incelment Weather Conditions
- Rain or shine the Stop! Drop! & Roll 5K will take place. If dangerous weather conditions, disaster, or act of God preclude the event, registration fees will not be refunded but will be considered as a donation to the Watauga County Firefighters Association and Firefighters’ Burned Children Fund, Inc. Each entrant will be able, however, to pick up his/her T-shirt at:
- Appalachian State University
- Health Promotion for Faculty and Staff
- 530 Rivers Street, 12 Varsity Gym
- Boone, NC 28608
- In the event there is the possibility the 5K is canceled due to extreme weather conditions, participants are asked to refer to the Stop! Drop! & Roll web page, or call 828-406-1705 or 828-773-4748 for updates.
- Jimmy John’s
- The Rock
- Lowes Foods
- Stick Boy Bread
- Come Back Shack
- Red Onion Café
- Boone Drugs
- Appalachian Mountain Brewery
- Firefighters Burned Children Fund
- Watauga Firefighters Association
- Watauga Medics
- A&S Plumbing
- Hampton’s Body Shop
- Custom Muffler Tire & Quick Lube
- Espresso News
- Capone’s Pizza
- Fat Cats
- Higher Grounds coffee shoppe
- Harris Teeter
- Which Which
- Goodnight Brothers
- Bandana’s BBQ
- Mast General Store
- Magic Cycles
- Foggy Rock
- Life Store
- Appalachian Management
- New River building supply
- Winkler Organization
- Abbey Carpet & Floor
- Mountain Times